|Benzalkonium Chloride 0.13%||Cold Sore/Fever Blister Treatment|
|Benzocaine 7.5%||Pain Relief During Application|
- To treat cold sores/fever blisters
- For external use only
- Flammable; keep away from fire or flame
Do not use:
- In the eyes
- Longer than one week, unless directed by a doctor
- If you are allergic to any ingredient in this product
- Over large areas of the body
- More than 3 times a day
Ask a doctor if:
- You are pregnant or nursing a baby
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Condition persists or worsens
- Symptoms persist for more than 7–10 days
When using this product you may feel a brief stinging sensation when you apply it. The sting should go away in a short time.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Directions – Adults and children over 2 years of age
- Using only warm water and a washcloth, clean the lip area of any lip preparations, lotions, ointments, residual beverages, or cosmetics, including lipstick.
- Remove the cardboard cap from the applicator end and place the cardboard cap on to the glass/plastic vial end, opposite the brush end of the product.
- Squeeze the cardboard cap to break open the inner glass vial.
- Saturate the applicator end with solution by holding the brush end down and squeezing the container until you can see liquid on the brush applicator.
- Touch the cold sore with the wet applicator and allow the numbing agent a few moments to numb your lip. Then begin actual treatment.
- For best results, massage the solution into the cold sore by rubbing. Rub firmly, but take care not to damage the tissue. The purpose of the rubbing is to deliver the drug to the infection site. Hold the vial so the solution flows to the sore.
- To treat most cold sores, usually one treatment is enough. If you symptoms go away and then return later, apply another dose for the second cold sore.
- Do not use more than 3 times a day.
- Children under 2 years of age — ask a doctor.
- Discard after use.
Store at room temperature. The ingredients in toothpaste, soft drinks, and some fruit juices can deactivate the active ingredient in Viroxyn Professional Use. For best results, avoid brushing your teeth with toothpaste or drinking sodas or fruit juices for at least one hour after applying the drug. Some people may notice a thin white powder on the lips after treatment. This is benzocaine that did not get absorbed into the lip and is normal.
|Inactive Ingredients:||Isopropyl alcohol (70% v/v), water|
Questions or to report an adverse event: 1-877-825-7153